ContestManager is a standalone application designed to aid Contest Directors in
keeping track of points at a
National Association of Rocketry (NAR) contest.
The major goal of this project is to relieve many of the tedious
computational tasks such as altitude data reduction and NAR points tabulation.
It is currently available for Windows (95 or later), Solaris, Linux, and any other
platform that supports Java 1.7. Java can be downloaded separately
Starting with the 2017-2018 contest year, CB-170 forms and Points Award Sheet are no longer required.
There are new forms for contestant registration and flight data recording, but these are optional.
Contest Directors should record data in ContestManager, and send the file to your Regional Contest Board
Chair so they can validate results.
Altitude data reduction by Vertical Midpoint or Geodesic methods, using 2, 3, or 4 tracking stations
Percent error calculations for precision events
Calculates the NARAM Contest Factor automatically based on the chosen events
Calculates NAR points, combining divisions as needed
Identifies flights that are possible new US Records
View by results summary, NAR points summary, event standings, meet champions,
NARAM points, and national champions
Save data as tab-delimited text file or as an HTML table
Online version of the latest Sporting Code included for field reference
Sound interesting? Check out some
The current version is 2.7.0 and includes the following changes:
- Change T division to D
- Enable records menu for NRC contests
- Make NRC contest type default
- Remove unnecessary fields from Add Contestant and Contest Information dialogs
- Remove NAR section from various displays
- Remove NARAM Points and Point Award Sheet views
- Add support for ESA qualified flags in Add Contestant dialog. For NARAM, NRC events should be entered as the first 6 events, in the same order as listed on the NRC scoreboard.
- Filter out national champions from NARAM meet champions view
- Display 5 flights for S8E/P standings
- Display OVER for Spot Landing flights scored greater than 50 m
- TARC scoring change to allow 43-46 sec range for 2019 rules
- Alimeter altitude can now be entered in either meters or feet
- Cleaned up points in standings view for craftsmanship events
- Fixed a bug where comment can be set to a DQable reason, but the flight is not marked DQ
- Removed HTML version of Sporting Code, replaced by PDF version
- Handle ties for 1st and 2nd places for meet and national champions
Download ContestManager 2.7.0
Updated records files can be downloaded from nar.org.
Find the link for Records.dat, download the file and drop it in your ContestManager folder to keep current.
Current Sections file, updated August 10, 2017.
Download this file and save it in your ContestManager folder to keep current
ContestManager is shareware, but there is no registration fee. If you find it
useful, all that I ask is that you send me email. Bug reports, feature
requests, and general comments are welcome.
ContestManager may be distributed freely, as long as it is not modified from the
ContestManager is copyright © 1998 by Christopher Kidwell. All rights